Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Snowy Day in New England

I sit here daydreaming..oops..I mean working on my story as I stare out my window at the newly fallen snow. I'm in the middle of editing my first book If I Fail, A Jake Carrington Mystery. MuseItUp Publishing gave the book a release date of September 2012. I realize I could have cut my editing time in half if I used the following words sparingly or not at all. I'm sharing the list they supplied to help other writers be ahead of the game when it comes to editing and submissions. I hope this helps you in your editing process. I'd love to hear what you think about the subject.
The List:
Will be
that
then
very
began or began to
as if
had
about
were
use toward not towards
as though
but
was
has been
backward not backwards
'ly' words
and
as
had been
use forward not forwards
Happy editing folks.

3 comments:

  1. Great post, this list will come in very handy during editing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mandi. You know I'll apply it to up coming books before submission now that I know. I had some people email, they had trouble leaving a comment--You didn't did you? Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was able to comment using my google account... maybe they were using a different type of account? I know different types of blogs only allow certain account type to comment, if all else fails I think there's an anonymous option?

    ReplyDelete