Thursday, June 7, 2012

Looking to be reviewed or want to read a review before you buy?

Check out Kate Felix's  Read2Review website:


Where reading matters!

Below is one of Kate's latest reviews:

Abandon by Meg Cabot

Review by Kate

I have enjoyed many of Meg’s previous works and when I received Abandon it lived on my shelf for entirely too long!

The book is about Pierce, a NDE (near death experience) and John a Death Diety. A love story at its heart with some brilliant scenes set in the school and with flashbacks to Pierce’s past. I became quite attached to both Pierce and John for different reasons. Pierce because she wants to be a normal girl, although she knows that this will never happen and has to learn to deal with that. John because he really was the tormented soul that just wants to love Pierce and protect her.

I loved the book and read it in one sitting because I couldn’t stop reading it. The only downside for the book was I felt the ending was a little rushed. I didn’t know when reading it that it is a series. This excites me beyond belief. I will definitely be in line to get a copy when it is released.
I feel that the pacing apart from the end was well set, the places were entirely believable and I really felt like I was part of what was going on. This is a MUST for any PNR fan. I also think that all readers of Meg’s previous work will enjoy this book. For me let the countdown to book two begin!

On a sidenote – I have looked at the different covers for Abandon and I have to say that my favourite has to be my ARC silver copy. It may be simple in style but i love it!
Abandon get a 4.5/5 – it would have been a 5 if I hadn’t felt the ending was rushed.

To get your copy of Abandon (Abandon Trilogy #1) please check out the following Amazon links:

UK: Abandon

3 comments:

  1. Great review, Kate. I've had reviews that give the whole story away and ruin it for other readers, and I've had 2or 3 liners that tell me nothing. Yours hits right in the middle. Concise, enticing, and honest. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. I dont like to write spoilers into reviews if i can help it. I like to give just enough to share my feelings and hope people take an interest =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent several authors and readers to you website directly today. There seemed to be problem with Blogspot today.

    ReplyDelete